Important Nutrients for Athletes
Protein is a very significant nutrient for the growth of muscles and for repairing the tissues of the body. Protein might also be employed by the body mainly for some energy.
But it’s also considered as a myth that a diet with high protein would enhance the growth of the muscles.
- Just strength-training & some exercise would change the muscle.
- Athletes and bodybuilders just need some additional protein for supporting the growth of muscle. The athletes may easily fulfill this additional requirement by having more calories.
Most of the Americans are already eating approximately twice the amount of protein which is required for the development of their muscles. Extra protein in their diet:
- Is stored as the fat in the body increases
- Increases the chances of dehydration
- Might lead to calcium
- Might put an additional burden on kidneys
People who concentrate on having additional protein might not get sufficient carbohydrates that are a significant source for energy while exercising.
Water and other fluids
Water is than important, yet over looked nutrient for the athletes. Water & other fluids are important for keeping the body completely hydrated & at right temp.
Clear urination is a very good symptom which you’ve rehydrated. Some of the ideas to keep sufficient fluids inside the body include:
- Making sure that you have sufficient fluids along with each meal.
- Have about sixteen ounces of water two hours prior to workout. It’s very important to begin exercising along with sufficient water inside the body.