Benefits of broccoli
Many of us don’t like broccoli. Actually, many of us hate it and avoid having it on our food-list! But, it is very important, and it has many benefits for our body. Broccoli is rich with antioxidant, vitamins, A, B, C and K, iron and fiber. Here is the list of several benefits of broccoli.
1. Maybe the most important benefit of broccoli is it can prevent cancer! It is known that it reduces the chances of developing: breast, ovarian, bladder and colon cancer.
2. Many people suffer from depression. Broccoli contains a lot of vitamin B, which is known for having a positive effect on your mood. With this vitamin, your brain cells will function much better! Because it contains vitamin B6, it is helpful against heart diseases and high blood pressure as well.
3. Broccoli contains vitamin K and calcium, both of them are essential for bone health. This will also useful in preventing osteoporosis.
4. Broccoli contains high levels of fiber. It has a positive effect on your digestive system. Fiber will sweep your digestive tract and prevent constipation.
5. Broccoli contains lutein, which is good for your eye health. It prevents cataracts and macular degeneration that is age-related. It also contains vitamin, which is good for our vision.
6. Researchers from the Food Research in Norwich, England, made a ‘’super broccoli’’ that contains 2 times more glucoraphanin than regular broccoli. This nutrient prevents heart disease.
7. Broccoli is rich with vitamin C, which is essential for our immune system. It will help you fight infections. According to one research, broccoli also contains phytochemicals and phytonutrients, that helps you clear toxins from your body.